“I’m tired.” That was my confession every day. I would say it every day, many times a day. I would say it to myself and to everyone I talked to and, for some reason, I kept feeling tired.
Thankfully, God opened my eyes to what I was doing. He showed that I was creating the “tired” situation in my life. He reminded me of the scripture in Proverbs 18:21 which says: death and life are in the power of the tongue. I had my powerful tongue working overtime to make me tired.
changing my life
With God’s help, I have changed my habit of speaking those words. Since then, I have been listening to the words I say much more closely. And between my changed confession and the new direction God has given me for my diet, I am full of energy!
I am now taking much less sugar into my body. I have started drinking more water and juice. I have even been crossing off things left and right on my wife’s to-do list! She is happy. So praise God for his direction and correction when we need it.
I love being full of energy.
– By Deacon Joe Kishefsky, Pastor of the Children’s Ministry
For more posts from Pastors of our children’s ministry, take a look at:
- Let’s try some spring cleaning by Pastor Tai Kishefsky
- How to Solve a Problem the God Way by Pastor Tai Kishefsky
- How’s Your Love Walk by Pastor Joseph Kishefsky
- He Always Answers Our Cries by Pastor Tai Kishefsky
- Being Consistent Against the Persistent by Pastor Joseph Kishefsky
- A Safe Haven by Pastor Tai Kishefsky